How to Make a CBD Bath Bomb
Uncertainty, stress, and hectic schedules permeate our lives, and it’s important to find ways to unwind. We’ve usually been advised to meditate, exercise, and immerse in a creative outlet, but another great way to destress? CBD bath bombs.
Why Use CBD Oil on Your Skin?
Using CBD topically is one of the various ways you can consume CBD oil. Did you know that our skin carries cannabinoid receptors? When we lather or soak our skin in CBD, it penetrates through the upper layers of the skin to the cannabinoid receptors, fueling our endocannabinoid system (ECS). As the compounds interact with the neuroreceptors of our ECS, this produces homeostasis in our minds and bodies that may kindle a sense of balance and well-being. So throw this in a bath with a few other natural ingredients, and you’ll be soaking in absolute bliss.
How CBD Bath Bombs Work
CBD bath bombs are a great way to unwind and give some love to your skin. After all, it’s the largest organ in the body, so you want to make it look and feel good!
You’ll find a variety of topical CBD products, but if you want to take a DIY route and really boost up your “me time,” making your own personal CBD bath bombs is the ultimate self-care treatment. They work just like regular bath bombs—you let them dissolve in a hot bath and work their magic as you sit back and relax. In addition to CBD oil, bath bombs are usually a robust (and colorful) mix of essential oils, citric acid, baking soda, and Epsom salt.
Though you can use any CBD oil that tickles your fancy, if you’re a first timer, it’s important that you find quality CBD products through research—not all CBD is made equal. So you want to get your hands on CBD oil that’s rooted in quality cultivation and extraction and tested for potency and purity in a reliable third-party lab.
In terms of quantity, start small (a few drops) and work your way up to an amount that works for you. Everyone’s bodies are different and respond differently to cannabinoids. So when you’re making CBD bath bombs, be sure to take the desired amount of drops or milligrams and multiply it by the number of bath bombs you plan on making. This total will be the amount of CBD you’ll need to add to your recipe.
CBD Bath Bomb Recipe to Indulge In
So let’s get to it—how do you make CBD bath bombs? The good news is you can DIY a bath bomb in the comfort of your own home. And we’re here to help by providing a CBD bath bomb recipe you can use and customize to your liking.
The recipe below includes essential oils. We recommend researching more into essential oils to find one that meets your needs. And please note, depending on what CBD oil you use, it may affect the color of your bath bomb. There is an option to add in food coloring to help achieve your desired results.
- 4 ounces of baking soda
- 2 ounces of corn starch
- 2 ounces of citric acid
- 2 ounces of Epsom salt
- 1 teaspoon of water
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 5 to 10 drops of essential oil of your choice
- Desired amount/drops of CBD oil
- Food coloring
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium/small mixing bowl
- Rubber/plastic gloves
- Bath bomb molds (if you don’t have bath bomb molds or have trouble finding these, you can also use any of the following household items: ice cube molds, measuring cups, and muffin tins.)
- Using your whisk, start by mixing all of the dry ingredients—baking soda, corn starch, citric acid, and Epsom salt—together. Make sure it’s well combined and there are no lumps.
- In a separate, medium/small bowl, melt the coconut oil by microwaving it or putting it on the stove.
- Using a spoon, mix the water, essential oil, and CBD oil with the melted coconut oil.
- Slowly and carefully, add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture. If you notice that the mixture starts to foam/fizzle, don’t panic; this is due to the citric acid.
Using your hands (be sure you have gloves on), mix all of this together. You should have a consistency that’s ideal sand for a sandcastle—just moist enough that all the ingredients stick together. Feel free to add more water in small increments if it’s too dry/isn’t sticking.
- If you want to add in food coloring, add and mix this into the bowl.
- Fill both halves of the bath bomb mold with the mixture. Make sure you fill them both well so that they’re overflowing a bit (this helps both sides stick together). Press the two molds together and squeeze them firmly into one another. Let them dry in the mold for 24 hours and then carefully take them out of the mold. You can use your bath bomb right away or keep it in a sealed bag for future use.
Note: If you’re using other household items like a measuring cup to mold your bath bombs, you’ll need to fill your cups with the bath bomb mixture, allow them to dry for 24 hours and then carefully take them out of the cups.
Making your hemp bath bomb is just the beginning—you need to know how to fully enjoy and bask in all of this heavenly CBD glory!
When you’re ready to use your CBD bath bomb, fill your bathtub with water. Drop a bath bomb in, let it dissolve, and soak your body in the water. Play your favorite tunes, light some candles, read a book, or simply close your eyes. It’s generally recommended you keep your bath session under 30 minutes to avoid drying out your skin. And be careful when you’re getting out of the bath, as the bath bomb ingredients can make your tub slippery.
Give Yourself Some Love With CBD
Give yourself and your endocannabinoid system some love by indulging in this CBD bath bomb recipe. After a long hard day of work, immersing in a nice warm CBD bath will give you the pick-me-up you need to refresh and tackle the next day.
Finding the right CBD oil can be challenging. And we don’t blame you—it takes time and research to find high quality CBD from responsibly-sourced hemp. Here at Hemplucid, we thrive on providing valuable and transparent information to help you make educated decisions on your well-being. Like any new product, there’s always a learning curve involved. So get started by checking out our high-quality CBD oils like our Full-Spectrum CBD Water Soluble, which you can use in your bath bomb recipe or other items per our suggested use.